A+ course uses the official CompTIA curriculum and is taught by experienced & certified professionals. A+ Certification is a CompTIA program that certifies the competency of entry-level computer service technicians. A+ Certification course prepares for two exams: 220-1001 Essentials (hardware) & 220-1002 Practical Applications (software) exams. Must pass both exams to be A+ Certified.
Experts from companies across the IT industry note that A+ certification confirms your knowledge and skills for success in entry-level computer service and support positions. Tasks of these positions include identifying, troubleshooting and repairing computer and printer problems caused by operating systems or hardware issues. Notice: All CompTIA certifications acquired spring 2011 or later are no longer good for life and will require recertification on annual basis. Students are expected to study additional hours outside of classroom training & exam prep time in order to be successful on certification exam.
Required textbook and two CompTIA A+ exam vouchers are included & provided in class.
Student is required to take the certification exam within 60-days of course end date and submit successful certification copy immediately after to TNCC-Workforce Development, 600 Butler Farm Road, Suite A, Hampton, VA 23666 or fax 757-825-3576 or call 757-825-4070 or email email@example.com
Course Topics Include
Hands-On Lab Experiences:
- An introduction to microcomputers
- Safety, system components, bus architectures
- Ports, connectors, and cables
- Expansion boards, storage systems
- Peripheral devices, portable computing
- Overview of the MS-DOS operating system
- Introduction to the latest Windows family of products including: networking; architecture, supporting printers, troubleshooting
- Introduction to the latest Windows operating systems including: boot process & system administration basics
- Fundamentals of operating systems
- Computer hardware basics and concepts
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and repair
- Disassembly and assembly procedures
- Introduction to a variety of new technologies
Successful completion of Windows I or Windows challenge exam. After passing Windows, then staff will be able to enroll participant in the scheduled mandatory IT Information Session which is required to be eligible to enroll in this A+ course.