Refund and Other Policies
General Refund PolicyEnrollment cancellation requests must be formally requested in person, via telephone, or email at least 3 business prior to class start date to be granted a full refund. Nonattendance without prior notification does not constitute a request to cancel. Enrollees in classes canceled by the College will receive a full refund. Requests for late withdrawal without penalty must be approved by the Vice President of Workforce Development & Innovation and require documentation of extenuating circumstances such as serious illness; death of an immediate family member; accident or mitigating circumstances.
Any refunds granted will be processed to the original source of payment and in the original payment form. Please allow 14 business days for refunds to be processed.
Veteran's Pro-rated Refund PolicyVeterans will be refunded in 25% increments based on hours of attendance (Refunds of up to 100%, 75%, 50% & 25%). After 75% of course, no refund. Full refund for Active Duty Personnel who are reassigned/deployed.
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide the service or benefit desired; that only appropriate information will be collected; that the citizen shall understand the reason the information is collected and be able to examine their personal record which is maintained by a public body.
- Does require you to provide e-mail address information, if you are interested in receiving information from the college.
- Does not provide your information to any other organization, outside of the college, or use in any unauthorized way.
- Does not require you to provide personal information to download files or reports.
- Does place a “cookie” on your computer when utilizing the MyVPCC system. VPCC does not gather any personal information from this cookie; it is used solely by this resource for purposes of authentication.
- Does place a “cookie” on your computer when participating in a BlackBoard discussion or Online Course. VPCC does not gather any information from this cookie; it is used solely by the application to thread discussions and navigate the site.
- Does place a “cookie” on your computer to gather information on what webpages are being accessed most to help in the navigational structure of the website. Individual information will not be used or distributed.
- Does track activity, on a per-click basis, for all users, across all pages on this site. This information is recorded anonymously and is not distributed to any organization outside the college.